Aug 4

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Aug 4

Postby Stafford » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:45 am

Sheboygan hopefully. The ingredients are: sunlight, heat, SW light wind in the a.m. in Milwaukee. On a south wind, Milwaukee may be the same, but the water quality is way better up there.

- Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Re: Aug 4

Postby jramato1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:07 am

On my way up right now
jramato1
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:21 pm

Was up in Menominee, MI for the weekend with the WindPower crew. Got my 15 Chrono up briefly on Friday but too light to play much. Saturday offshore so everyone only windsurfed. This morning Bonnie and I came back early to enjoy the anticipated s/w on Little Muskego, but turned out to be mostly west and even the windsurfing sucked. Should probably stopped at Sheboygan when we drove past it....
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:28 pm

JV, sounds like a bit of a bummer. I was at least on the water this weekend, but in a sailboat teaching sailing. A little frustrating to be out in conditions that were really too windy for teaching sailing. I did my best, and my students learned a lot, but it was a struggle for them with that much wind. We call off sailing on those boats when it's blowing over 20 (the boats are older than Stafford and might break in that much wind) :shock:

Doesn't look like much wind coming up any time soon. Guess I'll be busy cutting down trees for fun.

Don
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Don, for the record, the windsurfing on Saturday on Green Bay rocked! Kevin, Don and others course raced, but Bonnie and I blew off the races for a couple hours of joyriding in some nice conditions out a mile or two. Considered trying to find a favorable launch point to kite as several of us kite, but in the end even with a potential chase boat (committee boat for race) the offshore wind was not favorable for kiting and the sails were a blast! We love this annual event, get to camp on the beach in Menominee, MI, there is a big annual festival and great fireworks, and some of the top windsurfers in the country usually show up to race in what is always a less formal but very fun event.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby Stafford » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Yeah Don, those Soling and Ensigns are as old as me!

Saturday Sheboygan worked great. Water had warmed up too.

Sunday it went off shore at Sheboygan, but the Bagel (Winnebago) was working.

- Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Postby PowerManJ316 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 am

Got out Friday in Sheboygan, hydrofoil only and then Saturday went out early at Two Rivers. I was camping at Point Beach all weekend, just beautiful. Swimming all day Saturday with no thermal gear.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today