Last weekend in July!

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Last weekend in July!

Postby jv. » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Friday warm s/w wind around 15mph, Sat. and Sunday sound similar but possibly a little better wind. Works well at home on little m. I started the day by driving to Windpower in Fond du Lac to pick up my new Slingshot Wing (Slingwing V1 4.2m). Ordered a wing back in May from Kevin, either Naish or Slingshot, he ordered both and yesterday he got the Slingshot so I went with that. Used it on a SUP first (well, technically I used it on a Formula Windsurf board first), interesting - will take a little practice to go upwind. Then got out my Naish 160 Foil board, and spent an hour or so trying to work that out. Never quite had enough wind to get up, but worked out flying it while getting board on, etc... Next time think a life vest for flotation might help, can't wait until tomorrow or Sunday for better wind! Yes Powerman, you are certainly welcome to try it - certainly first in Wisconsin! ;). Bonnie and I windsurfed until tired then, I love summer!!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Last weekend in July!

Postby dmonn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:18 am

Yesterday was great in Sheboygan. Today looks like inland is the call. Who's going where? Winnebago, Pike, Delavan?
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby Stafford » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:36 am

Yesterday I got on the water at McKinely right after the Thunderbirds finished. 12m was powered. by 5 p.m. the wind at water level was coming down. Giancarlo was body dragging and working on kite control on the beach and then someone I didn't know showed up and rode North/Duotone gear as I was leaving.

FDL is probably the spot for today...
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:07 am

I am headed for Pike. It's closer.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Bonnie and I enjoyed our back yard little m. Wind very good by 11, I kited 10m, played with the new 4.2m wing on various boards, and eventually we windsurfed until the wind came down and moved west around 3. Great day on the water, I am pooped! Surprisingly little boat traffic today, given the weather. Hope all scored today!!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby PowerManJ316 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 am

Was up in Winnebago in board shorts all day. Water is warm and SW wind was great over there. Keep an eye out for a lady named Danielle, in about 2 hours was up and riding. She's honing her skills fast, really fun to see new riders joining the MKE scene.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today