Friday afternoon -- Sheboygan

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Friday afternoon -- Sheboygan

Postby dmonn » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 am

Looks like tomorrow could be a great day. Sheboygan forecast is due south by noon. It's always my favorite location if the wind is right, although Big M. is a close second when the weeds are down and the algae is low.

The other good option for tomorrow looks like Bradford. Weekdays the beach is less busy, and the wind should be good there as well. Maybe good to ride by mid-morning for you early birds. Early wind could be a little SSW, which still works at Bradford--just a little gustier and trickier launch/land.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Re: Friday afternoon -- Sheboygan

Postby dmonn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am

This morning it was pretty SW at a lot of reporting sites, including Sheboygan. The 10:00 reading at Sheboygan showed a due south wind. At 11 it's shifted SSE, so that's where I'm headed. Bradford still looks SW but the forecast is for a shift to SSW or S. I'm not hanging around waiting to see if a forecast is correct!
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Sheboygan was great today. Tons of folks kiting, and one poleboarder. 12m was the most common kite size. No foil kiters there today. Lots of really sweet jumps (not by me, though I did my share of jumps).
Awesome!
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby Steve271 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Glad to hear you scored Don. Seems like tomorrow has a chance too.
Steve271
Master of da Bow Kite

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 pm

I hit up Bradford around 1:30pm today and boy was it good (so much better than any of the days last weekend). Ended up putting in 45KM and probably a hundred jumps! There were more people there this time around though which was the only downside but the arrival of David H. and Ben W. made launch and landing easier. But damn the wind was ON today. Dalius was also out on the wing (man that thing looks hard). Good times! I’m gonna try again tomorrow!
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite

Postby jv. » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 pm

More than 3 hours and more than 20 miles with the wing on foil at home today, a bit light early afternoon but my 7m kept me on foil most of the time; though that was a real handful later in session when I was tired and wind heavier. However, used harnass for the first time and THAT helped a LOT!! A great windsurf skill that transferred very well. Bonnie windsurfed and winged, but best part is even better supposed to be here tomorrow!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today