Thursday 11/19

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Thursday 11/19

Postby dmonn » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Looks like nukin' wind tomorrow. If it's no too much to ride, I'll be at Pike Lake by 10:30 or so. I need to be back home by about 2.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Re: Thursday 11/19

Postby dmonn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Pike was fun today. I got there early, and Wingfoiler Brian showed up shortly after I did. His buddy Joe showed up a bit later. No poleboarders while I was there.

Wind on the east side of the lake was pretty wild. Big gusts and big lulls. The wind on the west side was stronger and steadier, pretty typical for a SSW at Pike. Light wind in the middle, but enough to get across without too much trouble.

The weather was really nice. Sunny and warm-ish, so there were quite a few folks at the park. Had to perform for the audience, especially since there were some big gusts right in front of the beach. I managed to catch one of those nice big Pike Lake gusts just after take-off right in front of the beach. Ooops. Just a bit too close to the beach, and way higher than I expected. I tried to redirect and land going away from the beach, and spun half-way around trying to do that. I landed backwards pretty flat on my back but not very hard. Good thing, cause where I landed the water was only about 18 inches deep. Hit my back on the bottom, but not hard enough to hurt. A little scary, though. Kind of a wake-up call for me.

Really happy my bar was still laying where I left it last time I was there. I hadn't even wound it up. Glad the grass isn't growing, or the mowers would have probably destroyed the lines if not the bar, too. :)
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Re: Thursday 11/19

Postby jv. » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Sorry Don, borrowed one of your Pike Lake pole-boarders today, Gary joined me in my back yard. Bonnie decided she has had enough of the cold water now, so he and I 'enjoyed' the gusty-holey wind today, quite disappointing actually given the wind direction. Fair sessions past couple days, actually kind of looking forward to the lake freezing over.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today