Sunday 21 Feb

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Sunday 21 Feb

Postby Steve271 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:25 pm

Looks like there might be a good South Easterly on Sunday
Anyone know if there enough snow at Veterans Park?
BBR- can you look out your window ? :D
Steve271
Master of da Bow Kite

Re: Sunday 21 Feb

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:27 pm

Veterans park?! Well, it looks like it’s gonna be above freezing so I am thinking Bradford tomorrow after lunch. I do know there was plenty of snow at Veterans when I was there earlier in the week though.
BritishBlokeRyan
King of the Clam Bake

Postby jv. » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am

Wind approaching tipping point in my back yard, heading out soon forecast looks do-able today, and even better tomorrow and Tue. The additional snow later today will be a bonus!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:49 pm

12m Summit great day today. 15 miles, saving some energy for tomorrow as it looks even better plus new snow. There was an event on our lake yesterday, trucks all over south end rutting it up, but deep middle still very good.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Had a VERY GOOD cold water sesh at Bradford today.

13m Edge was perfectly powdered as wind was very consistent. Went down to a small board after the first hour as it picked up a little, which was great for jumps. Nice waves and a little crowd gathering at times (probably confused why someone would be in the water haha). Lasted about 2 hours with a couple of breaks to warm up hands. Can’t wait for spring!
BritishBlokeRyan
King of the Clam Bake

Postby Stafford » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 pm

I don't know BBR, seems kinda sketch to be out there in below freezing temps, but you pulled it off! Wow! The rest of us rode the snow at Vet's. I dont' think there is a square foot untrammeled after Hainey pulled his kids around in a sled, Joey pulled his wife around on a surfboard(?), Carptenter pulled two of his kids around in a sled, Sam made an appearance on a snowboard, Steve, me, and some unknown kiter on a Turbine pulled no one but ourselves around.

Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Re: Sunday 21 Feb.

Postby Steve271 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

My best day snow kiting.
Deep fresh powder and clean wind at Veterans on an 11m.
Rode till dark/ blizzard
Even started landing more jumps than I crashed- today I learned that deep snow doesn’t hurt :D
Steve271
Master of da Bow Kite

Postby PowerManJ316 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:50 am

Nice job boys.

I successfully made a 22 hour drive down to Tampa, FL. Was rewarded with a NE wind and within an hour of arrival, the kids were playing on the beach and daddy got a beautiful 12m session in. Shoals about 1 mile offshore made 15-20 knots of wind feel like Big M. Oh yeah, and it was 80 degrees and boardshorts weather...those darn locals had full suits on - haha, they asked if I was around here and I said, no, what gave it away ?

Two weeks of this starting today...
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Enjoy Jeff! I head down in a month, until then enjoying the snow. Best possible day in my back yard today, sw wind optimal and behaved wonderfully! New snow now all marked up with nearly 25 miles of my fresh tracks. Wouldn't have preferred to be anywhere else in the world, and tomorrow still looking promising. May still have a shot at a 200 mile February! Only issue is that wherever ice fishing is taking place, within 100 yards of the holes and also some other random places much water is showing up making slush. I watched my tracks and whenever I struck new water, I avoided the area, still plenty of room to play. The slush did keep Bonnie off the ice though.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Glad so many of you are having fun. I'm stuck in the house recovering from a bunionectomy. Probably six weeks or more before I can kite. I hope my first session is on the water. It could happen in the Keys if things work out right.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today