Thursday 10/14

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
antiSpamKiter: Kiter
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Thursday 10/14

Post by dmonn »

Looks like a small window of wind today around midday/early afternoon. SW, so I'll head for Pike and hope it works out. I'll be there about 11.
jv.
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Re: Thursday 10/14

Post by jv. »

Well Don, my forecast for today calls you an optimist. However, Saturday at Pike is looking very interesting….
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Re: Thursday 10/14

Post by dmonn »

Optimism was spot on. Pike was very good today. Started on a 12m with surprisingly steady wind. The weeds are down enough to foil nearly from the beach. My foiling skills are improving, but very slowly. I've got enough improvement to feel confident that I'll get it, but like most things I do, it's a slow road. I just don't believe in giving up.

Bruce was there on his windsurfer foilboard, and Yozef was there getting better and better every time I see him. He looks like he's ready to start using a harness. That's a big step in the windsurfing progression.

We have a big family gathering on Saturday, so hope the rest of you get some good wind.