Oct 24-25

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
jv.
Kite Smurf
antiSpamKiter: Kiter
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Oct 24-25

Post by jv. »

Well, at risk of jynxing it like earlier this week, looking forward to some wind Sunday & Monday - basically a noreaster. If wind comes later in afternoon Sunday, I will miss that opportunity due to Halloween event, but looks to be blasting Monday with lakeshore likely flooding along the big pond and I’m hoping to find the right opportunity there. Bring your cold weather gear…
dmonn
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Re: Oct 24-25

Post by dmonn »

I'm also busy today, but Monday after the rain I'm hoping SSYC will work. If we get too much rain, Sheboygan might be a bacteriologically (is that a word?) safer place.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Wind is up...likely heading to SSYC shortly
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

At Bradford, straight on shore, 10m
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Bradford was good. Super sore after a good 3 hour workout.
Stafford
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 1

Post by Stafford »

I did a lesson at SSYC so we could have flat water. Then I rode a little. As I was leaving, Dalius showed up to wing and Carpenter showed to kite. Matt is the new kiter is learning and will soon be joining us.

Who's riding this afternoon?

- Stafford
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Post by dmonn »

The wind and wave forecast looks a little too far outside my comfort zone today. I'll be in Port Washington this afternoon and may take a trip up to Sheboygan just to watch.
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

I joined powerman at Bradford yesterday. It came up really strong around 3:30-4pm. Good session.

Today looks like 10m weather! Aiming to be at SSYC around 1:30-2pm. Hopefully we have a break in the rain
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

I am aiming to be at SSYC between 1 & 2, but if wind is still averaging over 30 with peaks over 40 I might not wing. Did that in the gorge earlier this summer and injured my shoulder for couple months. Need to check my 8m and 6m kite for leaks this morning, have not used them for at least a year…
Stafford
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 1

Post by Stafford »

I'll be at SSYC by 2:30. Maybe we can get enough people to do a downwinder.
Steve271
Kite Smurf

Post by Steve271 »

:D Heading down to SSYC right now.

Still have a 5m for sale (wink)
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Should be at SSYC around 2:30
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

At SSYC. Mork and Mindy alert!! 10m.

Steve is out already. Another bloke I don’t know also setting up
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

For everyone not familiar with BBR, when he says 10m that means 7 to 8m for most of us mortals.

:)
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

At SSYC, several kites up, going to try wing first but looks brutal. Probably came back for a kite…