Friday 9/23

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
antiSpamKiter: Kiter
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Friday 9/23

Post by dmonn »

Looks like another good windy afternoon. I may go to Bradford, Port Washington (South Beach) or Sheboygan. Anybody around that's up for some windy fun?
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Re: Friday 9/23

Post by PowerManJ316 »

I will check out Bradford if forecast holds.

From what I see wind will be better in the southern locations Don - but it is the F word after all. I won't travel to Racine/Sheboygan given the forecast but if Bradford pans out I'll be there around 2-3pm. My indicators show building through 6pm so no rush lads.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Bradford is super late. I think it's just enough for 12 m and hydrofoil. We'll find out shortly.
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

I rode Bradford this morning from 10ish til about 12:30pm (I thought I posted it here but it never went through apparently).

Was on a 17m and big board most of the time and a little underpowered here and there. Not ideal but definitely rideable.

Matt from Chicago came up with his bird to ride. They were on 12s (and he was going upwind just fine!)

Water still quite warm. First wetsuit weather for a few months for me but no gloves required. Water was crystal clear further out. Could see the bottom of the lake when i was about 200 feet out.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Wind came up right as I went out. 12m and surfboard was just fine. Came down about 5:15 so I hydrofoiled a while and came in at 6pm. Nice day. Cool air super warm water.