Aug 29

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Aug 29

Postby jv. » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:40 am

Wind in Muskego consistent 10-20 sw right now and building. This is as good as it gets on little m, and of course also good on big m/Boxhorn/little hat. As Bonnie wants to windsurf and some of my grandkids are itching to try the Slingwing, I am kiting in my back yard again today. Hope all can score today, warm and windy August days are running out (unless you go challenge Dorian)!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Aug 29

Postby jv. » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:03 pm

Kiting great today, buy have to post about slingshot slingwing. Want to foil with it, but concluding I need a bigger board and wing, but fun to work on it anyway. I was early to windsurfing in 1980s, early to kiting in late 1990's, and now have first inflatable wing in Wisconsin (been using fixed wings on ice for years though). Wind and kite surfing both appealed to me based on their difficulty, but the wing is quite different, though I still believe foiling will be primary purpose for me. Fun to experiment with various windsurf and SUP boards, new skills always fun to develop. This will never replace high-end windsurfing or kitesurfing, but portable and a blast to play with. However, for those who have not mastered these skills, these things will be a welcome option. One of my 17 year old granddaughters was using it in 20+ mph winds for hours today, had a blast! One of my few grandkids with no windsurf experience, this tool captured her imagination and with little training handled the wing on one of my formula racing boards very well! Easy way for beginners to get on the water in light to heavy winds!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby PowerManJ316 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Sounds like a blast JV. My kids (3 years old) each had a chance to try the wing and they could hold it on a SUP board. The useability is outstanding.

Big Muskego was lit yesterday. I put up a 10m kite and was ripping all afternoon. Could have used an 8 or 9 even. Was really a fun day at Big M. Dave H was there along with 3 guys I taught: Ryan, Steve and Kiran. We were all riding together; reminded me of the good ole days when BigJoe, JR and myself were fighting to stay upwind :)

For this time of the year Big M is pretty good. Weedy as usual, but not nearly as bad as last year. Don't want to be putting your kite down a lot but really really ride-able. Looks like more good wind next week!
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Powerman, does this mean Kevin got his Naish wing? Need to try that too! As for Boxhorn, think the 2 inches of rain the other day helped!! :)
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby PowerManJ316 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 pm

We were playing with a Cabrinha prototype. I know Kevin ordered his but don't think he got it yet.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today