Tue Oct 22

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Tue Oct 22

Postby jv. » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon, going to be a little chilly but no shortage of wind. If there is enough south in the wind, probably go in my back yard as Bonnie will no doubt want to windsurf. If too much west, then boxhorn. Could be a 6m day!

Ps: Today annual drawdown for Little M began, meaning Big M will raise a bit which always helps for weeds. And now that they caught the alagator that was lurking in Big M, we can all feel more relaxed... ;)
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Tue Oct 22

Postby jv. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Anyone hoping to kite today in Muskego area today should know forecast was a mite generous - went out 8m earlier but not nearly enough wind. Hoping to get out again as soon as I can convince myself to get back in my cold wet drysuit for another session with a bigger kite. NOAA insists we will have 40mph gusts, but my windmeter is having difficuly finding anything over 25, with lulls to 10. Doubt I am going to Boxhorn, enough south to make my back yard good enough. Windsurfing and wing surfing works in any event. Gloves helpful today...
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Tue Oct 22

Postby jv. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Not the best day, both morning and afternoon session ended up with too much kite or sail, or too little. Lots of variance in the wind, and blew out the ankle gaskets in my drysuit. Good thing water still rather comfortable. Hope someone had a better day, tough 10 miles!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today