Sat Jan 25

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Sat Jan 25

Postby jv. » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Went out on Little M today, do not let the snow cover fool you, usually kiting in ankle deep slush. Glad I wore an old pair of boots! 15m chrono and snowboard in wind 7-14. Moving and happy when 10+, under 8 fight to keep kite in the air. Came in the second time I sat in the slush/water with icy britches. All I can say is today was better than not getting out at all. And the wind forecast looks like hell all week.

Ice fisherman all over the lake (except on south end where lake is deepest), temp shanties only, but some snowmobiles.

Next weekend is WAK wvent on Windybago, just out from WindPower.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Sat Jan 25

Postby dmonn » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:38 pm

According to my inside source (student who is addicted to ice fishing), the ice on Pike Lake is not safe anymore. I hope Windybago is OK for the activities next weekend. Any recent word about ice conditions from Kevin?
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Ice in front of WindPower is good, out half mile or more. Also good snow, now all we need is wind and the high settled over midwest this week is not looking promising. We will not be driving out and parking on ice probably, but snowmobiles and motorcycles have been out in force. Kevin thinks they will get WAK shack out foe event, but I will be surprised if they accomplish that.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 am

Looks like perfect wind on Saturday afternoon. Dunno about rain/snow mix, but the wind should be good. Sunday morning maybe still OK. Friday looks lousy.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today