Monday 8/31

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Monday 8/31

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 am

It’s looking like there could be a few good hours between noon-4pm today at Bradford/McKinley. I probably can’t get there until 1ish but I’ll monitor the weather station. I’ll post up once I’m down there
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite

Re: Monday 8/31

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 pm

Ended up at Bradford at 11ish. Wind was very good for 90 mins and very few people on the beach. Trimmed 17m was perfect. Around 12:30 it died off though and I spent about 20 minutes trying to relaunch on the beach but Mother Nature was having none of it. Pretty solid unexpected session. Thursday AM (early) could be a Bradford day again depending on wind direction but we all know how forecasts go.
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite

Postby jv. » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:52 pm

I had business to take care of today before 1:00. But shortly after that I had Bonnie drop me off at a launch on south end of our lake so I could enjoy the beautiful SW wind but not battle weeds upwind from my north end with a big foil and 75cm mast. Got into the water, worked downwind hundred yards, went right up on foil and took off for couple hundred yards. Rain started, including lightning, and wind shut off like someone turned off a tap. Next 2 hours I bobbed in no wind swearing, hoping it would start back up, but lake continued to look like glass. Sometimes I hate wind sports, at least for a couple hours. Yes BBR - Thursday, probably Pike for me, and I'll treat for the first round if beer.

P.S.: You know it is pathetic when your wife has to SUP out to you to see if you are ok, then chew you out for swearing so loud that she claims she could hear me half a mile away at home, then try to coax you back home because she clearly understood better than me that as long as I had my wing on the water, the wind was NOT going to restart.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:04 pm

So if everybody brings beer on Thursday to Pike, how many rounds will that be? I expect to be there by 9:30 or 10. Looks like a midday wind.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Return to Where To Ride Today