Sun 10/3

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Sun 10/3

Postby Steve271 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:48 am

Advice please- Will SSYC work on NNW?
(I’ve only ridden it with some East in it)
Anywhere better for tomorrow’s likely direction?
Steve271
Master of da Bow Kite
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:07 am

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jv. » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:19 am

Yes, though as Powerman points out it can be a bit messy as there are some on-shore wind obstructions and off-shore boat obstructions - so it is tricky especially for inexperienced riders. I think it depends on the type of wind (speed, directional fluxuation, etc...). I have had both crappy and also pretty good sessions NNW, but the more it rotates to north the better. An option I like is to go to next beach down a few hundred yards, or even enter way down from the convent and walk down steps - of course these work better for wing than kite, but kite works especially if you have help launching & landing. I will probably try down there sometime tomorrow depending how it developes.
jv.
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm
Location: Earth usually.

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby dmonn » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:49 am

NNW is pretty decent for Pike. You might learn to like those gusts! The forecast for Sunday doesn't look all that good, though. Monday afternoon looks much better.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:11 pm

I am gonna keep my eye on it tomorrow but am thinking g SSYC late morning/lunchtime and Bradford on Monday afternoon.
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jramato1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Forecast is a tough read right now.

If it finds more east waves in sheboygan

If it stays as called SSYC

if it finds more west then going to windpower

.....have had my eye on that bradford monday setup!
jramato1
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jv. » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:28 pm

I am waiting until noon or later Sunday for SSYC vacinity, mostly because I do not want to wear gloves and it will be about that nippy in the AM... Also, seems a mild shift more north as day develpoes, which will be nice. I find I cannot wing more than 2-3 hours anyway, wears me out. I guess if I get tired I kite!
jv.
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm
Location: Earth usually.

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Well, today's forecast didn't turn out like we had all hoped :(

I did not venture out today but have my eye on Bradford tomorrow afternoon still! Hope it's good and some kite lads make it out!
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jv. » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Seems ol' north lost his battle with west. I got out in sub optimal conditions ah home for a couple hours, bit tomorrow looks great in my back yard!! ;)
jv.
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm
Location: Earth usually.

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby dmonn » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:05 am

Today (Monday) looks great for a lot of places. Bradford and Sheboygan both look good. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out today. Tomorrow looks promising, but Wednesday looks the best. I might make it out both days.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jramato1 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:55 am

Yesterday was solid 10m and foil on winnebago....bit cold with no gloves though

plan on being at bradford about 4pm!
jramato1
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby BritishBlokeRyan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Gonna be at Bradford around 2-2:30pm.
BritishBlokeRyan
Master of da Bow Kite
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:38 am

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby dmonn » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:07 pm

Ryan, post up when you get there and let me know if the wind is slightly onshore or not. I may actually be able to get out of here by about 2:00 or 2:30. If Bradford isn't working, I'll head for Sheboygan.

IMO SSW means Bradford, but SW means Pike. The Sheboygan afternoon shift is already in effect.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby jv. » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:00 pm

Holy sh*t, what a great day!! Over 10 miles on foil with wing, best session on foil ever (kite or wing) for me!! Finished off with a 10m kite session, but cut it short only because of a sail issue for Bonnie. What a great day - great wind, relatively warm air and water, hope all scored!!
jv.
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm
Location: Earth usually.

Re: Sun 10/3

Postby dmonn » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:46 am

Bradford really delivered yesterday. Good wind except for launching and landing, nice waves, relatively easy to get away from shore, and nice and sunny. I caught BBR and Dave on video. I'll post it later. Still planning on Pike on Wednesday. It looks pretty decent for today as well, but gotta hit some work around the house before I play.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Mequon, Wisconsin


Return to Where To Ride Today

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron