Sheboygan New Parking & Use Guidelines

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sheboygan New Parking & Use Guidelines

Post by admin »

From FB:

Sheboygan Kiteboard

To the all local kiters and visitors. Today I was contacted by SPD who had received calls from the property manager of the vacant lot. Recently people have reported vehicles driving rectlessly down Clara and Georgia. Also vehicles driving from 7th street cutting right across the lot to the beach and vehicles jumping curbs to get on the grass. There will be posts and no trespassing signs in the weeks to come along with some type of chain or gate to all drive way entrances to the property. The SPD, King Park neighborhood association along with the Mayor are advocates for the kite beach. I have spoken to the property manager and kiters can use property from tree line to east of driveway on Clara to land and launch kites. Please do not use property West of tree line. Once gates and posts are on the property citations will be issued to anyone parking on the lot. I have spent hours picking up kite beach after people leaving trash behind. I have also called SPD numerous times for people drinking and doing other illegal activity there at night. Please be mindful that parking your car on the street still does not give you the right to pee next to your car or trees, leave food or other trash behind. Neighbors and people renting from Airbnb's are always watching. We do a great job of picking up and people enjoy coming to watch us. We are all ambassadors of both the sport and the city. Be accountable 100% of the time.