Sept. 1. McKinely

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
Stafford
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 1

Sept. 1. McKinely

Post by Stafford »

I pulled up just as BBR was landing his kite. He got the best of it and even he said the wind was coming down. Never to let better judgement stop me, I went out on the hydrofoil. The wind was switching from SSE to SSW over and over. I did get stuck one time when the wind died almost completely while I was way out there. I bobbed in the water with the kite down until a SSW gust came up. Maybe rode for less than 30 minutes including bobbing. At least the water was warm and clear.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
antiSpamKiter: Kiter
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Re: Sept. 1. McKinely

Post by dmonn »

I went to Sheboygan yesterday. Conditions were pretty decent if you were paying attention. I started with my wingfoil, but not quite enough for that. I switched to my 12m kite and Sector 60, and that worked pretty well. I stupidly let myself get too close to Blue Harbor and my kite came down. Not enough to relaunch. I looked upwind and everybody was cruising along no problem. I had to drift in and relaunch from shore, then walk halfway back before there was enough wind to ride upwind (even on the Sector 60). It didn't take long for me to get way upwind of kite beach. I noticed that Dave U. was up there blasting around on his TT. He's been riding there since kites were invented, and knew what was going on. The two of us were tearing it up, and the folks just a bit downwind of us were riding, but not in the same wind we were in. Local knowledge helps.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Post by dmonn »

I'm heading for Sheboygan again today. Mary is out of town. I should be there by 1:00.
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

I rode Bradford today briefly from 1:30-2:30pm. Wind was decently strong but cross shore so didn't go out too far. Then it came down for about an hour. I sat around, got some sun and decided to pack up. As I was driving back it appeared it picked up again and shifted on-shore, dammit! Good to be back on the board after 2+ weeks away in England.

Tomorrow is looking promising... fingers crossed!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Bonnie and I played in back yard today, nothing to write home about, but decent warm day.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Post by dmonn »

Sheboygan was 12 m all day. Great weather. Lots of foilers there, both wing and kite. One guy on a foil windsurfer. One guy on just a plain old every day windsurfer. Poor guy.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Don, what you got against retro? :) In fact, though I wingfoiled for 10 miles today, both Bonnie and I enjoyed windsurfing session when wind became flukey, freestyle never gets old!!!