Oct 22-24

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.
jv.
Kite Smurf
antiSpamKiter: Kiter
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Oct 22-24

Post by jv. »

Hoping to get out today, warm S breeze but mostly 5-10 with occasional gusts to 15 in back yard. Bonnie and I likely to just windsurf and do freestyle playing as I doubt I could stay on foil even with biggest equipment.

However, tomorrow and next day looking more promising, and warm air still. If Bonnie does not go out, I’ll do Lake Michigan somewhere.
dmonn
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 4

Re: Oct 22-24

Post by dmonn »

Bradford looks like the spot for me today (Sunday). Sheboygan could be more than I can handle with my smallest kite (8m). Bradford might be the same, but I'd probably be with other kiters. Port Washington would be less wind, but I would likely be the only one there. I'll probably get there about noon. Who else plans on Bradford today?
Steve271
Kite Smurf

Post by Steve271 »

I plan to join you at Bradford around noon too- see you there Don
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Back yard for Bonnie and I, and wind is kicking into gear now so hope to be out by noon and make a day of it!
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

Readings looking similar to yesterday!

I have my boy’s birthday party so can’t get out there until later. Hopefully around 3pm. Get some lads
Stafford
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 1

Post by Stafford »

it's on right now at Bradford.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Well, the wind was not quite as much as advertised, but Bonnie and I did enjoy a nice fall afternoon in our back yard on the water, doesn’t get much better than that (though if she didn’t go out I would have taken advantage of some surf on the big pond…). Not complaining though.
Stafford
Kite Smurf
Which one of the following things is no animal? (this is a question against spam robots); type the appropriate number: 1

Post by Stafford »

Dave, Steve, Don, and I rode first at Bradford, but the wind was coming down. Jason stopped by, saw us moving to bigger kites and dipped. Bryce showed up for a lesson and got up on the board, but there was enough wind to go anywhere after that. BBR stuck around long enough for the wind to come back around 4 p.m. Maybe we can sneak in one more day.....
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Post by dmonn »

I will see what conditions are like here in Port Washington. I may try wing foiling in the harbor here. I haven't done that yet, so if I chicken out I'll either kite here from South Beach or head back to Bradford. I will make that call about 11.

I heard that surfing was great at South Beach yesterday. If I decide to kite here the waves could be fun.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Likely heading back to Bradford around 2pm today
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Post by dmonn »

Looks like Bradford for me today. I hope to get there by noon.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Bonnie and I going to be in back yard when it kicks in, but I am going to use bigger Wingfoil equipment than I did yesterday.
BritishBlokeRyan
Kite Smurf

Post by BritishBlokeRyan »

Bradford pretty strong right now. All guys on 12-14 m kites. Dom, and three blokes from Kenosha here. Looking good
jv.
Kite Smurf

Post by jv. »

Bonnie and I again had nice afternoon on the water, glad I took big equipment out.
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Post by PowerManJ316 »

Bradford was decent but needed a hydrofoil. An 8m kite and hydrofoil is a fun setup though - can whip the kite around any which way. Enough East that I could run from Bradford beach to inside the harbor on a single line. Wind was pretty light though and water was cold so I didn't spend too much time in the harbor. Dalius and a few others out till 5pm at Bradford.