Alternative watersport opportunity.

Beach Access, Safety, etc.

Alternative watersport opportunity.

Postby jv. » Wed May 18, 2016 10:29 pm

I am a director of the Little Muskego Lake Association, and one objective I have to help make a bit of a change regarding watersport focus in our area. To date, Muskego lake focus has traditionally been on motorboats. While I have no objection to boats with motors, I even own one, I am obviously a big fan of watersports that do not involve motors.

To that end, on June 22 we have our next membership meeting and are putting together an agenda of presentations. Traditionally this means stuff like boater safety, boat maintenance, etc... I have offered to arrange a 15 minute presentation regarding other alternatives. Standup paddling is high on my list, though kayaking and even quick plugs for kite and sail, etc...

Would anyone on this list want to volunteer to do any type of presentation? Leading with SUP and how to get into that, along with other alternatives is what I have in mind. When I bought this up at recent board meeting, my peers were thinking Dunham sports, but I think this could be a great opportunity for any of my contacts on this list that sell and or teach in this area. Contact me if interested. I wanted to give you guys a shot at this as it is the Muskego area, if you are not interested I'll check with Kevin at Windpower.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Alternative watersport opportunity.

Postby jv. » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Windpower will be happy to do this, and this will be advertised in the newsletter coming out later this week. A lot of good feedback from other directors andeople that heard we are diong this - will be a welcome plug for non-motorized sports on Muskego lakes. Hope to sprinkle in some pictures of kiting on Little Hat!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: Alternative watersport opportunity.

Postby jv. » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 pm

For the record, this presentation went VERY well, and though the audience was more in the 'senior' range (like me), I was surprised by the interest in both windsurfing and kitesurfing, along with SUP. Seems people in Muskego have seen a lot more people with SUP, sails & kites and are interested... I find that exciting!!!
jv.
Kite Smurf

Return to Open Forum