Attachments
102_7424.jpg
Conical LE tips on all three designs.
102_7415.jpg
Attachment points on the Lithium
102_7437.jpg
Serious bumpers
102_7427.jpg
Varial -- It looks really good in the air. At first I wasn't too sure about the colors. But it looks great in preson.
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Re: Airush Lithium, One, and Varial

Postby dmonn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 am

So what did you think of their performance?

Don
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Re: Airush Lithium, One, and Varial

Postby Stafford » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Good question. The only one I used in the right wind for it's size was the 12m. When I was flying the 15m it was too windy to really say how it is as a light wind kite. Of course, I was suprised how well the 15m One handled the high end. But I really want to get the 15m out on the same day against the 17m Zephyr.

The 12m Lithium was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a somewhat boring all-around kite. However, it was really boostie. With lighter bar pressure, full depower, and quick turning it was nice. I should have stayed with it on the big air comp instead of going to the 15m.

The 9m Varial was a little underpowered and underpumped when I flew it. It felt great, but there wasn't enough wind to say if it is better than the Lithium or the Vapor X, which is my current jumping favorite. So right now, my favorite still remains the Vapor X, but the Lithium and Varial need to get out more to say for sure. I liked the Vapor X for reasons that may not appeal to everyone too -- I found it to be the best balance between big air and kite loop power.

- Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Return to Gear Reviews