KiteFix

Gear reviewed, commented upon

KiteFix

Postby Stafford » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:20 am

OK. This is pimping. I admit it. However, the stuff really works. I've patched two kites that were completely ripped through the canopy front to back. The one that only had a single tear from front to back flys as new. I can hardly see where it was repaired until I look closely.

Also, I had all these leaking problems with a valve that was peeling away from the bladder. I tried a bunch of glues, silicone, patches, etc. After hours and hours of monkeying around I still leaked. So I peeled everything off and spent less than 5 minutes with the KiteFix valve repair stuff and done. No leak. No issues. No cleanup. Just two patches and put the bladder back in the strut, then fly away. That cost less than $5.

-Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Re: KiteFix

Postby michael » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:22 pm

I can confirm that, I repaired a 18m rhino that was ripped apart and this stuff is really tough. unfortunately it is not that cheap here in Austria but .. its cheaper than buying a new kite...
michael
Kite Smurf

Postby windnWithering » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Where do you purchase this elixar? Are there different concoctions for canopy vs bladder ailments?
windnWithering
Chop Suey
Chop Suey

Postby Stafford » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:12 pm

You can get it from me anytime at the beach. I've always got basic stuff in my truck for lessons, repairs, extra this or that, etc. So if you need a bypass leash, a kite knife, pump, lines, etc., that stuff is easy to carry with. I've also got extra harnesses in case someone forgets their own. Soon I'll have booties, gloves, dry suits, and hoods back too.

When there is enough wind people can try out Ozone, Freak Dog, and Nobile kites and boards too. Lately, there has been so little wind, no one wants to test, they just want to squeeze out what riding they can before the wind dies.

On the magical KiteFix, you can see everything they've got at their website, kitefix.com, or check out one of the kites I've patched up with it -- again at the beach sometime. Or, you can come by my place on the NW side of Milwaukee.

Thanks,
Stafford
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Return to Gear Reviews