Tuesday 15 September

Posts that tell us where the wind is up.

Re: Tuesday 15 September

Postby PowerManJ316 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Madison delivered as well. 7m and foil followed by 10m and foil all day long :)
PowerManJ316
Kite Smurf

Postby dmonn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:23 am

I wound up at Pike. It was good. 12m kite overpowered at times. All the wind was on the west side of the lake, but not difficult getting over there. Joe the Wingfoiler was looking good. Nailing his jibes when the wind was consistent. Some windsurfers there I've known forever. Good to ride with them and talk afterwards. Tom and Brede Pedersen. JV, do you know them? A few more windsurfers and a windsurfer trying to learn to kite. The newbie kiter was working on just learning to relaunch his kite from the water. Had a tough time of it. Trying to fly a 5-line modified C kite. I told him it wasn't the best kite for a beginner. He sounded pretty frustrated afterwards. I told him to talk to Stafford.
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Bonnie and I stole a session today (Wednesday), think Pike would have been the politically correct call with west wind, but managed at home by taking boat out to underwater island and playing out there. Bonnie kinda liking the wing, had a foil under her for first time today but not enough to get her board off the water, though I could pump myself up rather easily. Getting close to end of boardshort season though...
jv.
Kite Smurf

Previous

Return to Where To Ride Today