KiteFix glue.

Beach Access, Safety, etc.

KiteFix glue.

Postby jv. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Stafford, I cannot find your number, wondering if/when I could stop by to buy a couple tubes of KiteFix glue. Still have pleanty of mesh..

While in Florida I had stored one of my wings in a storage area in my RV over night, and in the morning when I started to inflate I noticed a new 3 inch cut in the outer fabric of the leading edge right up front - fortunately noticed before inflating too much as bladder certainly would have burst out. As I did not have sewing machine along, considered how I might fix that with material I had along, and gave the my KiteFix kit a shot. To be honest, I did not expect it to work with 6 lbs of pressure pushing against such a large gash. I applied several layers of mesh and glue (a whole tube), and that was 5 weeks ago, more than 100 miles on that fix so far. I thought wing was trash unless I sewed on patch, but that glue is wonderful. I had used it in the past on smaller repairs and am impressed.

End of advertisement... ;) But seriously, have run out and need a ‘fix’.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Re: KiteFix glue.

Postby Stafford » Sun May 02, 2021 7:17 pm

http://www.adventurekiteboarding.com has both my phone number and email address, but here is my email: info@adventurekiteboarding.com BTW, you know where I live!
Stafford
Kite Smurf

Return to Open Forum