Kite Repair

Beach Access, Safety, etc.

Kite Repair

Postby dudewaster » Tue May 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi,
I'm new to Milwaukee and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to get kites repaired? I have a leading edge that needs to be repaired after a recent blowout disaster. Looking for a decent sail repair or kite repair shop. Thanks!
dudewaster
Buoy
Buoy

Re: Kite Repair

Postby dmonn » Wed May 19, 2021 6:43 am

There are a couple of sail lofts in the area you might check. North Sails is in Milwaukee on Water Street, and Quantum Sails is in Zenda, WI (south of Lake Geneva). I don't know if they work on kites, but they both do sail repairs. They might also do kites. Dunno. Post what you find out. Otherwise it's ship it!
dmonn
Kite Smurf

Postby jv. » Sun May 23, 2021 11:06 am

While I agree with Don regarding the local lofts that might be good places to do repairs requiring sewing, especially any substantial bladder work might need to be shipped (or just order replacements). On the other hand, I have never regretted learning how to do my own repairs, comes in handy. A good sewing machine, some patience and practice, YouTube, and KiteFix/Aquaseal, etc... in your kit can come in handy. Of course, it helps to be retired and have the time I guess. And no, sorry, I am not looking to repair kites for others, I can stand only so much fun.
jv.
Kite Smurf

Postby dudewaster » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:57 pm

Awesome thanks!
dudewaster
Buoy
Buoy

Return to Open Forum